When I shop for groceries I read the labels on the back of products. When you read the label on the back of salad dressing invariably the first ingredient is water. This means it is the main ingredient. Then there is the list of unpronounceable words that translate into additives you really don’t want to be consuming. If you keep your pantry stocked with a Dijon mustard, a really good red wine vinegar, virgin olive oil and honey you have the makings of a delicious salad dressing. You can use this dressing on any tossed or chopped salad. It is also delicious on warm potato salad.
|SUPER EASY SALAD DRESSING|| |
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- a good pinch of sea salt
- Several grinds of black pepper
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Whisk the mustard, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper together.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil, then whisk vigorously for 30 secs.
- This will make enough dressing for an 8 ounce container of mixed greens.
- The recipe can be doubled or even tripled.