This is a divine pickle recipe you can eat-right-away. It’s perfect when you have a craving for sweet/sour flavor. It gives a wonderful lift to your favorite deli meat sandwich. It is positively addictive on a grilled hamburger. I also add this to chopped salads. Plus it looks so beautiful in the jars in your refrigerator. It only takes 15 minutes to make. It’s ready to go in eight hours, and it will last, refrigerated, for up to 5 days. This is such a favorite in our house I usually double the recipe.
|INSTANT SWEET PICKLES|| |
- ⅔ cups white-wine vinegar or apple-cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 cups thinly sliced English cucumber, or any small, slender cucumber
- 1½ cups thinly sliced onions
- 2 tablespoons torn dill sprigs
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- In a medium bow, mix vinegar, sugar, and salt, stirring occasionally until sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- In a nonreactive bowl, combine cucumbers,onions, dill, and peppercorns.
- Add olive oil to reserved vinegar mixture and stir well.
- Pour over vegetables and toss to combine.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 8 hours before serving.
- Store pickles, refrigerated, for up to 5 days.