There are some who say the ultimate sweet treat is cookies and milk. Make the cookie crispy rich with the perfect amount of old fashioned oatmeal, bittersweet and milk chocolate chips and you have the oatmeal chocolate chip cookie that dreams are made of. Bake with the best chocolate chips you can find or be creative and chop a bar of good chocolate into coarse chunks.
|OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES|| |
: Mrs Butterfingers
A crispy rich cookie with old fashioned oatmeal and double chocolate chips
- 2 cups (10 oz) unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces or 2 sticks) unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup (7 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (7 ounces) packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2¾ cups (9 ounces) rolled oats (slow cooking old fashioned type)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) bittersweet chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 cup (6 ounces) milk chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper
- Combine the dry ingredients, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Using stand mixture with paddle attachment beat the butter and sugars for 5-10 minutes until light and fluffy.
- While mixer is running add vanilla, and eggs one at a time.
- Gradually add dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt) in 2-3 additions with the mixer on low speed.
- Combine the oats and chocolate and add them to the dough with mixer on low speed, mixing just until well distributed.
- Scoop the dough into balls the size of ping-pong balls (1.5 oz.) and arrange on cookie sheets, 6 per pan, then press into ½-inch-thick disks.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes. The edges of the cookies should be golden brown.