This super quick recipe has dinner on the table in twenty minutes. The recipe is easily adjusted for a single serving or doubled for six to eight people. Best of all if you keep a well-stocked pantry you will have most of the ingredient. Serve it with oven roasted yellow potatoes quartered and liberally sprinkled with olive oil, salt and pepper.
The anchovies melt into the pepper mixture adding a savory, salty quality. If you don’t like anchovies use three tablespoons minced olives.
|MEDALLIONS OF PORK TENDERLOIN WITH RED AND YELLOW PEPPERS|| |
- 1 (l pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut crosswise into l-inch-thick medallions
- 1/12 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 generous tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ tsp chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 4 canned anchovy fillets, drained and mashed
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced (about 1½ tbs)
- 1 red pepper cut into 1½ strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into 1½ inch strips
- 1 generous tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 generous tbs butter
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper
- Add oil to pan and swirl to coat.
- Add pork to pan and cook for 5 minutes without turning.
- Reduce heat to medium and turn pork over.
- Add 1 tsp rosemary, anchovies, garlic, and bell peppers.
- Cook 7 minutes or until peppers are tender and pork is done.
- Drizzle with vinegar and add butter.
- Stir to combine.
- Top with remaining ½ tsp rosemary.