Poor, neglected and rejected cauliflower – steamed or boiled into tasteless mush that no amount of cheese sauce can rescue. Is it any wonder so many people are cauliflower haters. This recipe is pure magic. Roasted at a high temperature caramelized florets of cauliflower becomes intensely sweet nutty morsels that are highly addictive, and incredibly versatile. Blistered cauliflower as a side dish shines. Add it to a salad – bravo! Toss it with pasta – bellissimo!
|BLISTERED CAULIFLOWER|| |
- l large head of cauliflower
- 3 generous tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper,
- a handful of fresh thyme sprigs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbs. panko crumbs
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Cut cauliflower into florets
- Toss on a large rimmed baking sheet or pan with olive oil, and season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Use the largest pan you have so the cauliflower roasts - not steams.
- Sprinkle with half the fresh thyme sprigs
- Roast, tossing occasionally, until almost tender 35-45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and panko crumbs
- Roast about 10 minutes longer until cauliflower is tender and cheese melts
- Sprinkle with fresh thyme sprigs and serve.